New QuarterBack Connector Series Application Note!
High Frequency Connectivity with a Twist! SV released a new line of connectors called the QuarterBack® series. The line utilizes a quarter turn bayonet style coupling nut with a locking feature for standard SMP/SMPM interfaces. The QuarterBack® connectors are ideal for high vibration and test applications that require a large number of mating cycles.
WITH A TWIST!
- Quarter turn bayonet locking feature on standard SMP/SMPM interface
- Low VSWR through 40 GHz(SMP) / 65 GHz(SMPM)
- Female cable connector options available for all flexible cable types .086” diameter and smaller
- All standard SMP/SMPM male connector options available upon request
- Bench-top testing (PCB mount, cable connectors and adapters)
- High vibration environments
- Applications requiring a high number of mating cycles
- Military and Commercial options available
- Low insertion/extraction forces, compared to standard full detent SMP and SMPM, mean less torque on board mount connector solder joints during mating and demating
- Spring loaded positive mating feature allows excellent electrical performance even in extreme vibration environments
- Low mating forces allow for more mating cycles without failure compared to full detent SMP and SMPM