Questions? We're here to help. 561.840.1800
Machining Engineer, West Palm Beach, FL
SV Microwave is seeking a high energy machining engineer with a passion for machining. If you are a proactive, results-oriented manufacturing engineer who enjoys problem solving, consider joining our Operations team supporting the Machine Shop.
- Develop, evaluate and improve manufacturing methods and processes, including CNC Programming, for cost reduction, decreased cycle and set-up times, and on-time, quality and efficiency improvements, utilizing statistical knowledge and information on product design, materials and parts, production equipment capabilities and quality standards.
- Document and evaluate current state shop floor processes and material flow. Improve and document future state with sufficient detail to support training requirements.
- Develop, monitor and report accurate and detailed yields, production times, rework, scrap and other metrics for the machine shop. Develop improvement plans.
- Analyze and improve workforce utilization, staffing requirements (both current and future), workflow and workspace for maximum efficiency.
- Conduct detailed examinations to determine machine capabilities, proper material handling and use of personnel in order to reduce cost.
- Assist in justification for capital acquisitions and identify capacity constraints by providing in-depth analysis of current capacity.
- Determine root cause of production failures. Recommend & implement corrective actions.
- Plan, develop and oversee machine shop training programs to promote efficient personnel utilization.
- Apply statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements.
- Assist in implementing lean and Six Sigma tools to reduce process variation.
- Utilize IT skills to improve electronic solutions for the machine shop.
- CNC Swiss machining experience (5 years)
- CAD/CAM Programming for Swiss machines
- Excellent analytical and IT skills
- SolidWorks experience
- Manufacturing related knowledge and experience
What We Offer:
- Training and career development
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- 401k with a generous company match plus an additional employer non-elective contribution
- Healthcare including medical, dental, vision, life and disability
- Paid Time Off and 12 paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement opportunities and education loan repayment assistance
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance
- Team building events
- A challenging, fast-paced, low-drama work environment with committed, professional coworkers
An Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority; Female; Disabled; Veteran; Sexual Orientation; Gender Identity; National Origin. Drug-free workplace.
ITAR - The candidate must be able to legally work in the United States; we are unable to provide sponsorship. Position requires candidate to be a US Person as defined in ITAR, 22 CFR 120.15 (US Citizenship or Resident Alien Status) and defined by 8 USC 1101(a) (20).